Monday, March 29, 2010

Well I have my roof pretty well locked up for the winter. I unlocked it last week and here are pictures of how it looks. Lots of stuff has started growing. There are some bare spots. I hope to increase the square footage by about 50 o 75 sq. ft. this spring. I want to concentrate on sedum that stays green all winter. I'm undecided about harvesting some of what I have. I will wait until May to see how things look then. I'm also thinking of growing some other stuff in pots. I really have not been able to tell if the green roof has effected my heating bill or not. My record keeping is not up to par on that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Elizabeth Hoffnung said...

Hi Matt! It’s nice of you to go green on your roof. My parents did the same thing. You may want to try adding delosperma or ice plants. They grow in medium sizes, and do not hold much weight for your roof. There is another plant called Phlox subulata, which grows up to 6 inches and can cover 20 inches wide of an area, or the Festuca gautieri, which can tolerate dry soil. Hope everything goes well with your green roof!

October 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home